The Oklahoma Private School Accreditation Commission assists the Oklahoma State Board of Education by monitoring and approving organizations that accredit nonpublic (private) elementary and secondary schools in Oklahoma.
The relationship of OPSAC with the Oklahoma State Department of Education provides the following activities related to accredited nonpublic schools:
- Transference of student credits earned in accredited nonpublic schools to Oklahoma public schools
- The listing of all accredited nonpublic schools with the Oklahoma State Department of Education
- OPSAC meetings held biannually with an Oklahoma State Department of Education liaison to ensure the ongoing integrity and quality of the process.
Each approved OPSAC member association must provide standards for its member preschools, elementary and/or secondary schools which address the following areas:
- Philosophy and Objectives
- Organization, Governance, and Finance
- Plant and Facilities
- Administration and Staffing